An introduction to perioperative alternatives to opioids for general anesthesia, and a discussion of how reduced opioid use impacts patient care.
Attendees will come away with:
- Understand and identify reasons to minimize opioids perioperatively
- Identify alternative intraoperative anesthetic plans to decrease the use of opioids
- Identify potential patient candidates for opioid free and reduced anesthesia
- Identify alternative pain management strategies to opioids
- Understand how opioid-free and opioid-reduced anesthesia can contribute to Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS)